[Rear-users] How to get boot messages while "rear" boots?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Dec 6 15:30:30 CET 2011

Hello,

perhaps a stupid question but I failed to find it in the documentation:

After typing "rear" at the boot prompt to boot the ReaR recovery system
there are in particular no kernel messages while it boots.

How can I get boot messages while "rear" boots?

Reason:

On my test machine "rear" fails to boot and I would like to know
what goes on "behind the scenes".
Currently I get only two of the "<N>[<timestamp>] ..." kernel messages
which are meaningless to find out what causes the failure in my case.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner