[Rear-users] [SOLVED] Stuck - recovery system not booting

fuzzy_4711 fuzzy_4711 at gmx.de
Fri Aug 26 18:18:17 CEST 2011

Hi Jeroen.

> If that looks all correct, the next thing I would try is to use the
> generic grub code in ReaR instead of the Suse specific one and see if
> that gets you any further. This means removing
> finalize/SUSE_LINUX/20_run_mkbootloader.sh and linking to
> finalize/Fedora/i386/20_install_grub.sh

It worked and this is what I did according to your suggestion:

#*: cd /usr/share/rear/finalize/SUSE_LINUX/i386/
#*: rm 20_run_mkbootloader.sh
#*: ln -s ../../Fedora/i386/20_install_grub.sh 20_run_mkbootloader.sh

Re-run rear mkrescue, edited /mnt/local/etc/fstab (at the restored box)
and voila.

Thanks.
Have a nice we, all.
-fuz