[Rear-users] Recovery to a smaller disk

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Wed Aug 24 09:18:13 CEST 2011

Hi,

noticed in the log-file that an error occurred
at:
/usr/share/rear/finalize/GNU/Linux/42_migrate_network_configuration_files.sh:
line 73: /mnt/local/etc/sysconfig/network/routes: Not a directory

Above
script thries to write to the routes file, but this is SLES specific syntax
as on RHEL it is called differently:

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/$NICK.route

Do you have on such files on
your live system? If yes, could you provide us an example? The code in
above script needs to be tweaked.

br,
Gratien

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011
12:59:17 +0200, wrote:
> Hi Schlomo,
>
> I added the logfile of the
recovery as requested. Btw the grub was not
> installed during recovery, I
had to do that manually. In the logfile there
> is an error message
regarding the grub installation. Unfortunately there
> was no message
during recovery, so the first time I did not notice that the
> installation
of grub failed.

Nachricht-----

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. August 2011 22:22
rear-users at lists.sourceforge.net
>> Betreff: Re: [Rear-users] Recovery to a
smaller disk

>> Hi,
>>
>> would be nice to track down why it did not
do that
>> automatically. I was not aware of the --preload feature.

In any case, no logs means nothing we can do for you.

>> Regards,

Schlomo

>> On 11/08/11 22:03, Marcella.Voigtlaender at o2.com wrote:

Hi,

>> > I solved it with adding the drivers to the initrd, i.e.

after booting
>> > the rescue system and recovering I did this:

chroot /mnt/local
>> > /sbin/mkinitrd --preload mptspi --preload mptscsih
[new-initrd]