[Rear-users] rear recover LVM error

Willi Fehler willi.fehler at t-online.de
Sat Aug 6 20:40:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've created an image with rear on CentOS 6.

If I try to restore the image with rear recover I get:

ERROR: Could not create PV /dev/sda2 for VG vg00. (from logfile)
If I reboot my server and try to run "rear recover" again, it will
successfully recover the backup.

/usr/sbin/rear -V
Relax & Recover Version 1.11.0 / 2011-05-24 10:39:25 +0200

/etc/rear/local.conf
# sample local configuration

# Create ReaR rescue media as ISO image
OUTPUT=ISO

# optionally define (non-default) backup software, e.g. TSM, NBU, DP, BACULA
# BACKUP=TSM

# the following is required on older VMware VMs
MODULES_LOAD=( vmxnet )

# to see boot messages on the serial console (uncomment next line)
# KERNEL_CMDLINE="console=tty0 console=ttyS1"

BACKUP=NETFS
NETFS_URL=nfs://192.168.2.91/data
#NETFS_OPTIONS=credentials=/etc/rear/user.credentials

Thank you & Regards - Willi