[Rear-users] issue with recovering to environment with smaller disk size,

Jozef Gmuca j.gmuca at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:00:50 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

lately i have been working with REAR but i consider myself as very new into
the topic. I made few successful recoveries on same platform machines and
today i tried also different platform machines which involved some modules
include and stuff. The actual recovery was no problem (because i tried
recovering to a machine with more space - worked like a dream :D) but i got
to a point where i needed to recover to a machine with smaller disk size.
And of course i got error message about sda being smaller and therefore the
recovery could not continue. Has anyone documented the path i should follow
if i would like to recover to a smaller disks? Can you please direct me to a
link or a config file or just give me short description how to continue in
such a case?

Thx very much,

Jozef