[Rear-users] openSuSE 11.4 with dm_crypt pre boot encryption

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Aug 1 18:32:39 CEST 2011

On Mon, 1 Aug 2011, Jeroen Hoekx wrote:

> On 1 August 2011 18:18, Schlomo Schapiro <schlomo at schapiro.org> wrote:
>
>> So, did you get the prompt or did you not get the prompt (which would be
>> a bug)?
>
> For our TODO list: I think it would be nice to use the shell we use in
> Bacula and the layout code in the REQUESTRESTORE case!
>
> (just bringing it up)

It already does. At the moment REQUESTRESTORE_TEXT is shown, we add the
REQUESTRESTORE_COMMAND to the history, if available. Then we provide a
shell and the user has to explicitely type 'exit' and acknowledge he wants
to continue.

The rationale for providing a shell is so that after the restore the user
does not forget to continue the process, which during testing proved
problematic at times.

So all this should already have been the case when using rev692.

Kind regards,