[Rear-users] openSuSE 11.4 with dm_crypt pre boot encryption

Jeroen Hoekx jeroen.hoekx at hamok.be
Mon Aug 1 13:11:41 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 1 August 2011 13:01, fuzzy_4711 <fuzzy_4711 at gmx.de> wrote:

> MODULES_LOAD=( dm_mod dm_snapshot sha256_generic dm_cryptc atl1c )

I think you don't need this. udev or the DM tools will load the
modules just fine. None of my test VM's needed it.

> The ISO is being burned pretty well. When I try to restore I get the
> following errors in /tmp/rear.log (see below).
>
> I am quite sure my machine setup is causing the trouble and I want to
> ask if it is possible to support a setup like mine at all:
> Encrypted disk using dm_crypt, installed via YaST.

Can you try a recent snapshot build from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/sschapiro/ and report
back?

ReaR 1.11 only supports dm_crypt with USE_LAYOUT=y, in the snapshots
it's the default. They also have a few bug fixes in that area.

Greetings,

Jeroen