[Rear-users] consequence of output before backup

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Fri Apr 8 15:42:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to clean up the consequences and noticed a few things about
copying the RESULT_FILES to the backup location:

* for NETFS I moved the code from output to backup
* for DP|TSM|... I would like to suggest a (changeable) default location
for the RESULT_FILES: /var/lib/rear/rescue. I believe that lots of code
that just puts the RESULT_FILES into a specific location could be
removed by this generic approach, this path should be also safely
outside of most common default exclude lists in typical backup
configurations.

As usual, no reply meens agreement :-)