[Rear-users] Cloning problems`

Michael Orlov michael.orlov at amdocs.com
Mon Apr 4 16:30:53 CEST 2011

Hi all
I'm trying to clone my DL360G6 to x3650M3.
The backup was created, PXE as well, everything is fine.
I found three problems:

   1. In our environment due to the huge amount of SAN on DL360G6 we
      have filtered out all /dev/sd* devices, so disk creation on the
      cloning system can't find /dev/sda. To avoid this problem we can
      pass "--config "devices{filter=['a|/dev/.*|']}" " parameter to the
      lvm commands. It will list all the disk always.
   2. Disk controllers on those machines are different. so the initrd
      images suppose to be different. But I didn't found how to tell to
      rear to recreate initrd on the cloned machine. I found the scripts
      for Suse and Debian to rebuild initramfs in the finalize stage,
      but didn't found such a thing for RHEL/Fedora. BTW I think this
      one suppose to be default.
   3. eth enumeration/dhcp client start. Rescue system starts dhcpclient
      only on eth0, even that my working interface is eth2. Can it be
      fixed through configuration? In addition: if we are using static
      IPs, is there any option to create new static IP configuration in
      the case of clone, something similar to disk migration procedure?

Thanks

--

*Michael Orlov*
System UNIX

+1.514.338.3247 (desk)
+1.514.891.8906 (mobile)

*AMDOCS > CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE SYSTEMS INNOVATION*

Ce message et les renseignements qu’il contient sont exclusifs et confidentiels et sont assujettis &agrave; la politique d’Amdocs
que vous pouvez consulter au  http://www.amdocs.com/About/Pages/Email-Disclaimer-Fr.aspx