[Rear-users] Some questions about rear CD-boot & rear PXE

Ivan De Masi it-support at asta.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Apr 1 22:29:24 CEST 2011

Am 01.04.2011 18:59, schrieb Schlomo Schapiro:
> Hi,

Hi Schlomo,

> this is on SLES? If SLES does not contain SELinux then it also should not bother
> about the selinux=0 and the quiet should be purely cosmetic.

No, it is still my OpenSUSE 11.3 x86_64 box... . Selinux is not really
installed. Only "libselinux" - for what reason I don't know. But it's
not activated.

> On 01/04/11 16:40, Ivan De Masi wrote:
>> thanks for your hint!
>>
>> OK, I've found the problem now: I kicked the boot options "selinux=0 quiet" in
>> the PXE pxelinux.cfg and now it works!
>
> Could you try to hunt down the root cause?

I also think "quiet" option should not be the problem. I'll do some more
test on monday and report.
Is "selinux=0" set automatic when creating pxelinux.cfg because of the
libseliunx found on the system?

Regards,
Ivan