[Rear-users] TTY output problems

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Mon Sep 27 11:56:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 27.09.2010 11:49, schrieb Dag Wieers:
> Since I tried to stay as close to the original, I only modified what was
> absolutely necessary. So the above will not work differently. My
> personal preference would be to get rid of the sub-process altogether
> and simplify the output methodology.

Sure, how would you suggest to make something that runs asynchronously
to the main bash process and is not a fake (turn once per second)
progress indicator but reflects real progress?

Really, I am not too happy about this hack and any improvement will be
most appreciated.

> But making sure our modifications are acceptable by upstream is
> important as well :-D

Sorry for beeing picky sometimes, I always have to weight a patch agains
the future bugs it creates. I guess that is the lot of all maintainers
and surely not a way to become popular :-(