[Rear-users] Cleanup of standalone patches to ReaR

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Sep 22 12:14:04 CEST 2010

Hi,

We are cleaning up our local branch and selected a set of standalone
patches we would like to see included in trunk. Some of these have been
discussed here before, others are simple fixes or improvements.

  - Increase syslinux bootloader timeout from 10sec to 30 sec
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3073227&group_id=171835&atid=859454

  - Rename initrd to initrd.cgz for more consistency
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3073233&group_id=171835&atid=859454

  - Added loadkeys -d to the history of the default shell
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3073235&group_id=171835&atid=859454

  - Add hostname to logfile/ISO and include logfile in initrd
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3073242&group_id=171835&atid=859454

  - Skip the bonding_masters entry in sysfs
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3073246&group_id=171835&atid=859454

  - Make subsequent 'rear recover' work when disks are remapped
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3073248&group_id=171835&atid=859454

Once these have been committed to trunk we can rebranch and hopefully our
current development becomes a bit easier to track :-)

Feel free to ask any questions that remain.

Thanks in advance,