[Rear-users] Rear development questions

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Sep 2 15:01:45 CEST 2010

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010, Schlomo Schapiro wrote:

>> Not sure why you are replying this ?
>
> I was referring to your initial question of _always_ having some boot
> media on the tape...
>
> Maybe a bit far-fetched...

Ok, I understand. Of course there should be a way to disable it to
accomodate for certain backup software. We are actually looking at having
Bacula use rear to write the OBDR first and then its own backups. As we
don't want to go an rewrite a whole backup framework in Rear.

But that needs t be discussed and investigated first.