[Rear-users] problem loading network driver with firmware

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Wed Oct 27 17:43:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

DEVPATH is the path to the device in /sys. You can try to find suitable
dirs with "find /sys -name loading", export DEVPATH suitably and then
run the firmware script.

To run udev again you can use "udevadm trigger" which triggers all events.

A manual test would be if you can configure the interface with ifconfig
or ip and don't see error messages in the syslog.

You could also edit
/usr/share/rear/build/GNU/Linux/60_verify_and_adjust_udev.sh and add
your firmware line there. Then it will be in the rescue image.