[Rear-users] Symlinks and maintainability

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Oct 12 09:34:24 CEST 2010

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Schlomo Schapiro wrote:

> if [ "$BACKUP" == "NETFS" ] && [ -n "$NETFS_URL" ]
> * what is bad about [ cond -a cond ] style ?
> * according to "help test" = would be appropriate, somehow == is there for some
> compatibility with something else
> * Yes, I am picky but IIRC there was a bash coding style discussion recently on
> this list :-)

I am still working on that, and that's indeed one of the suggestions I
would like to make ;-) (together with using [ ] instead of testor [[ ]],
and always use block-level indentation rather than && and ||)

Maybe instead of making a large draft document I should bring each of the
points to the table in a seperate thread ? Makes a discussion easier to
follow ?