[Rear-users] Testing OBDR in rear-1.9.0

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Tue Dec 28 15:37:38 CET 2010

Hey everyone,

Did someone already tested the OBDR features in rear-1.9.0?
In local.conf I added the following settings:
OUTPUT=OBDR
BACKUP=NETFS
NETFS_URL=tape:///dev/nst0

I noticed that the ISO image was made after the backup was written to tape
and the ISO image was written after the backup. This breaks the OBDR as
the
ISO image should be written before the backup on tape.
Perhaps, I'm playing with the wrong options here, or the OBDR code in the
output phase should be executed before the backup?
As I'm not the author of this part of rear I would like to ask Dag and/or
Jeroen to look into this (broken) code?

By the way, in the meantime my tape drive is completely broken I'm afraid.
Perhaps a hard reset (reboot) is required to get it to work again...
Sorry, that I wasn't able to fully debug and/or correct the OBDR code.

best regards,
Gratien