[Rear-users] output of hal

Heiko Andresen heiko.andresen at gmx.de
Fri Dec 17 16:43:00 CET 2010

Hi,
as I have access to some different distributions I can provide a list regarding the existance of the commands in the distri, see below. From my point of view it would be a good idea to support either of these commands in rear

SLES9
-----
- lshal NOT available
- udevadm NOT available
+ udevinfo abailable in RPM udev

SLES10
------
+ lshal available in RPM hal
- udevadm NOT available
+ udevinfo available in RPM udev

SLES11
------
+ lshal available in RPM hal
+ udevadm available in RPM udev
/ udevinfo available in RPM udev but giving warning "the program '/bin/bash' called 'udevinfo', it should use 'udevadm info <options>', this will stop working in a future release"

RHEL4
-----
+ lshal available in RPM hal
- udevadm NOT available