[Rear-users] output of hal

Jeroen Hoekx jeroen.hoekx at hamok.be
Fri Dec 17 16:03:06 CET 2010

Hello,

On 17 December 2010 15:35, Gratien D'haese <gratien.dhaese at it3.be> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I wonder if the following works on all distro's (RHEL, SLES, Ubuntu,...)
>
> lshal | grep "^udi" | cut -d/ -f2- | cut -d"'" -f1 | while read hal; do
> lshal -l -u "/$hal"; done

It works for now, but HAL will be replaced by udev, udisks and upower
in the near future. I don't know if it's still a good idea to write
extra functionality that depends on HAL...

This will give you similar information using udev:
udevadm info --export-db

See:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/HalRemoval
http://wiki.debian.org/HALRemoval