[Rear-users] Antw: Rear + LVM

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Fri Dec 17 11:24:37 CET 2010

Hi,

please beware that multipathing is not yet supported. Multipathing
creates an issue for ReaR where ReaR would have to ignore all the extra
SCSI devices in favour of the MPIO devices.

Patches would be welcome, I also once started thinking in this direction
and will be happy to assist with any knowledge I have. Please discuss
multipathing on this list.

In general it is difficult to develop multipathing support with Virtual
Machines (which is our main development base) as it is near to
impossible to trick Linux into doing multipathing in VMs (any ideas are
most welcome!).