[Rear-users] New feature: savelayout and checklayout

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Fri Dec 17 09:43:36 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 17.12.2010 09:21, schrieb Jeroen Hoekx:
> In my view, the only place where the new code has to be inferior to
> the old is LVM and that's easily fixed by using vgcfgrestore if
> possible.

I actually once thought about patching/creating vgcfgrestore data files
and then using vgcfgrestore to "apply" them. It is a simple text file
and can IMHO be easily adjusted to cater to changed disk sizes or so.

Unfortunately I did not have the time to go deeper into the
"vgcfgrestore patcher" forest.