[Rear-users] BACULA support added to ReaR

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Thu Dec 16 20:23:47 CET 2010

There is one thing on my mind with BEXTRACT and OBDR.
Dit you first make an OBDR tape and then append the bacula
backup to it?

bextract is a good way to restore bacula tapes without a bacula
server, but is should always be a fail-back solution not the main
path to follow. That is my opinion.
BACKUP=BUCULA
try the bconsole first, if that fails bextract could be proposed.
What about the tape drive being on another media server (bacula
driven)? Most likely that won't work, right?
Very flaky bacula - an excellent piece of program - well designed,
but they forgot a decent command line... I don't like the bconsole
concept - that is my opinion only.

Come to the main point, please try to avoid making another trigger like
BEXTRACT - it gets confusing.
Fot that reason I started with doc/configuration-examples.txt as it is
becoming too  complicated for novice users (and for me - does that
makes me a novice user?)

Simplify gentleman is my message.

For that reason I will merge USBFS into NETFS.

Br,
Gratien