[Rear-users] Including programs used in udev rules

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Wed Dec 15 11:33:56 CET 2010

The question that comes to my mind is: will our rescue image be
better
having all these PROGS on-board? Is there not too much garbage in
between
which is a waste of disk space? It is a trade off I guess.
I'm not
against it, but not convinced it would be better.

Anybody else, with
pro/contra's?
Mine: +0

Cheers,
Gratien

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 16:26:30 +0100,
Jeroen Hoekx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Dag and I were looking into why our cciss
initialization script wasn't
> automatically added to the PROGS array even
though it was part of a
> udev rule.

usr/share/rear/build/GNU/Linux/60_verify_and_adjust_udev.sh :
> This script
looks for all programs mentioned in rules and checks if
> they are
included. It prints a warning when the program is not part of
> the rescue
system already.

> We thought it would be helpful to automatically add
programs used in
> udev rules to the PROGS array. Is there a rationale for
not including