[Rear-users] BACULA support added to ReaR

Stephens, Bill {PBSG} Bill.Stephens at pepsico.com
Tue Dec 14 20:56:44 CET 2010

I created a new BACULA patch for restoring using bextract. I felt the requirement differences for a bacula vs bextract were significant enough to justify it, and it made coding it easier.  Although they're part of the same product, a Bacula restore assumes there is an external server that you'll need to connect to that has a mysql database, backup director, storage director, etc.  For a bextract the assumption is that the Bacula infrastructre either doesn't exist or its on the same machine.  The patches I've attached are based on the BACULA code already submitted, and assume the backup is on a local removable drive, but could be expanded to tape.  In our case it's an RDX (http://www.tandbergdata.com/emea/index.cfm/products/removable-disk/rdx-quikstor/) drive that's oem'd by HP and Dell.

Thanks,

Bill