[Rear-users] Symlinks in OBDR patch

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Wed Dec 8 16:38:10 CET 2010

Hi,

On 08/12/10 16:02, Gratien D'haese wrote:
>> GNU -> ../ISO/GNU

We prefer to symlink the scripts in the directory instead of the directory. The
reason is that otherwise every change in one would also affect the link target.

Of course this might be intentional if OUTPUT=OBDR is an extension to
OUTPUT=ISO. In that case linking directories like that is valid.

OTOH I guess it would be more "ReaR minded" to extend OUTPUT=ISO to produce OBDR
stuff if configured with some special parameter like ISO_OBDR=1 or so.

Since OBDR makes only sense with OUTPUT=ISO it is another reason to have OBDR as
an extension to OUTPUT=ISO.

I will try to look at the final version and see if I can help there.

PS: Now I am regretting that I threw out my ancient HP tape drive that was OBDR
capable. But I had not used it for 3 years and that is usually a good sign to
get rid of stuff...