[Rear-users] Symlinks in OBDR patch

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Wed Dec 8 16:02:27 CET 2010

Hi Jeroen,

thanks for digging in our trunk to trace the diffs.
re-committed the OBDR stuff, but be aware that I avoid linking to
directories - use file instead.
The only exception might be Linux-x86_64 ->
Linux-i386 (so far).
Bare this remark in mind when you compare the 2 trunks
again.
Let me know when you still find some missing links or scripts.

best
regards,
Gratien

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 10:02:25 +0100, Jeroen Hoekx wrote:

Hello Gratien,

> On 7 December 2010 19:34, Gratien D'haese wrote:

thanks for seeing that unexpected behavior - did it manual as I was

afraid of the length of the patch that we would forget something. Could

you list up what should be linked to what so that we can correct it more

easily?

> I've compared it briefly to our branch and found the following
differences:

> In prep/OBDR :
> GNU -> ../ISO/GNU
> Linux-i386 ->
../ISO/Linux-i386
> Linux-ia64 -> ../ISO/Linux-ia64
> Linux-x86_64 ->
../ISO/Linux-x86-64

> In prep/OBDR/default :
> 30_check_iso_dir.sh ->
../../ISO/default/30_check_iso_dir.sh
> 32_check_cdrom_size.sh ->
../../ISO/default/32_check_cdrom_size.sh
> 40_check_tape_drive.sh ->
../../TAPE/default/40_check_tape_drive.sh
> 60_rewind_tape_drive.sh ->
../../TAPE/default/60_rewind_tape_drive.sh

> In this directory, there
are several more problems:
> 04_set_tape_device.sh is missing in trunk

45_write_OBDR_header.sh should be renamed to 70_write_OBDR_header, to
> let
it run after rewinding the tape.

> In backup/OBDR/default :

51_rewind_tape.sh -> ../../../prep/TAPE/default/60_rewind_tape_drive.sh

> In verify/OBDR/default :
> 04_set_tape_device.sh ->
../../../prep/OBDR/default/04_set_tape_device.sh
> 55_set_tape_blocksize.sh
->
> ../../../output/OBDR/default/50_set_tape_blocksize.sh
>
> In
output/OBDR :
> GNU -> ../ISO/GNU
> Linux-i386 -> ../ISO/Linux-i386

Linux-ia64 -> ../ISO/Linux-ia64
> Linux-x86_64 -> ../ISO/Linux-x86-64

In output/OBDR/default :
> 50_set_tape_blocksize.sh ->

../../../prep/TAPE/default/50_set_tape_blocksize.sh

> (Now you can see
why we complained about symlinks :-)

> When this is in trunk, I will
diff it to our branch to spot any
> differences still left.
>
> Hope that
helps,

Jeroen Hoekx wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I noticed that you have included
our OBDR patch in ReaR-trunk. It's
>>> nice to see it appear over there.
Since I can't add comments to the
>>> patch in the tracker, I will use the
mailing list for anything I
>>> notice.
>>>
>>> One thing that caught my
attention was that our code uses a lot of
>>> symlinks from OBDR to ISO in
the output stage. The current trunk does
>>> have them as normal files in
my checkout. I think this was not
>>> entirely clear from the patch itself,
as the diff shows them as normal
>>> files... (we discussed this issue on
the mailing list before :-) Did
>>> you use the normal files on purpose or
was it just an oversight?

>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> Jeroen

What happens now with your Lotus Notes apps - do you make another
costly
>> upgrade, or settle for being marooned without product support?
Time to
>> move
>> off Lotus Notes and onto the cloud with Force.com, apps
are easier to
>> build,
>> use, and manage than apps on traditional
platforms. Sign up for the Lotus
http://p.sf.net/sfu/salesforce-d2d

Rear-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Gratien