[Rear-users] Rear development questions

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Tue Aug 31 17:20:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 31.08.2010 16:54, schrieb Dag Wieers:
> The question was:
>
>   - Is OBDR a workflow ?
>   - Is OBDR an OUTPUT ?
>   - Is OBDR an option ?

IMHO OBDR is for sure no workflow because it is not a different action.
Workflows should be really different things like making tea or making
toast. But making tea with milk should be an option (to use an allegory).

Besides that I would find OBDR to be an OUTPUT because it takes very
special handling of the output creation.

If you want to have some kind of generic OUTPUT=TAPE behaviour then you
could choose to have it as an option to reduce code duplication. I guess
I would leave this decision to the committer of a suitable patch...

HTH,