[Rear-users] Backup to Disc (CD or DVD)

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Thu Mar 5 08:47:29 CET 2009

Hi,

sadly this is function is still missing from ReaR as nobody yet wanted to write
it. With a bootable USB media it is possible to use NETFS and provide custom
NETFS_MOUNT and NETFS_UMOUNT commands that mount the usb media (note: no udev in
the rescue media, yet).

If you write a patch we will be most happy to accept it. Of course you can also
commission it.

Otherwise you can also check out mkcdrec.sourceforge.net (the ReaR precursor)
which does support integrated boot/data CDs.