[Rear-users] SLES9: unpredictable behaviour is back

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Thu Jan 29 18:00:04 CET 2009


Schlomo Schapiro [29.01.2009 15:36]:
> Hi Werner,
> 
> the co[n]fig hack should work well with the shopt -s nullglob option. I
> can imagine that sed will hang if both file locations don't work. Can
> you please do an rear -D mkrescue and post the log file?
> 
> BTW, we are busy working on new releases, you can expect a new "Schlomo"
> release today with lots of cool new things. If you quickly send the the
> log I might be able to put a fix for your problem in as well.

The file available as
<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/sschapiro/SLES_9/noarch/rear-1.7.14-1.1.noarch.rpm>
does not solve the problem :-(

Regards,
Werner

> 
> What is the problem with ReaR/rbme ? You simply setup both to work with
> their respective defaults and use a manual rsync to push the backup data
> back to the ReaR rescue system. Or do you mean writing a script that
> will assist in the restore from RBME?
> 
> Regards,
> Schlomo
> 
> Werner Flamme wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> today I applied the last updates to my SLES9 boxes, the current rear
>> (1.7.6 / 2008-08-14) and was happy. I did a "rear mkrescue" on all three
>> boxes and was successful on two of them, the third was hanging. As usual
>> :-(, it was sed. And again, as I had reported one year ago, at
>> /usr/share/rear/build/default/50_patch_sshd_config.sh (I used rear -d
>> mkrescue then).
>>
>> On this one box, I had to change the simple code in a bulk on lines:
>>
>> ---snip---
>> shopt -s nullglob
>> if [ -f $ROOTFS_DIR/etc/sshd_config ]; then
>>     SSHDCONFIGFILE=$ROOTFS_DIR/etc/sshd_config
>> elif [ -f $ROOTFS_DIR/etc/ssh/sshd_config ]; then
>>     SSHDCONFIGFILE=$ROOTFS_DIR/etc/ssh/sshd_config
>> fi
>> if [ -n "$SSHDCONFIGFILE" ]; then
>>   sed -i  -e 's/PasswordAuthentication.*/PasswordAuthentication no/ig' \
>>  -e 's/ChallengeResponseAuthentication.*/ChallengeResponseAuthentication
>> no/ig' \
>>         -e 's/UsePAM.*/UsePam no/ig' \
>>         -e '1i PrintMotd no' \
>>             $SSHDCONFIGFILE
>> fi
>> ---pins---
>>
>> Sorry about the alignment, it's the mail client...
>>
>> So the sed command itself is untouched, except that I used a variable
>> for the name of the config file. The sed on all boxes tells me "GNU sed
>> version 4.0.9", so I don't see a reason for this behaviour. I worked
>> around the error, but I do not understand why...
>>
>> BTW, I still have not worked out a useable backup integration for my
>> ReaR images :-( I will do, and share my scripts then (will be rsync/rbme
>> and tar).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Werner




More information about the rear-users mailing list