[Rear-users] SLES9: unpredictable behaviour is back

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Thu Jan 29 14:38:21 CET 2009


Hi,

today I applied the last updates to my SLES9 boxes, the current rear
(1.7.6 / 2008-08-14) and was happy. I did a "rear mkrescue" on all three
boxes and was successful on two of them, the third was hanging. As usual
:-(, it was sed. And again, as I had reported one year ago, at
/usr/share/rear/build/default/50_patch_sshd_config.sh (I used rear -d
mkrescue then).

On this one box, I had to change the simple code in a bulk on lines:

---snip---
shopt -s nullglob
if [ -f $ROOTFS_DIR/etc/sshd_config ]; then
    SSHDCONFIGFILE=$ROOTFS_DIR/etc/sshd_config
elif [ -f $ROOTFS_DIR/etc/ssh/sshd_config ]; then
    SSHDCONFIGFILE=$ROOTFS_DIR/etc/ssh/sshd_config
fi
if [ -n "$SSHDCONFIGFILE" ]; then
  sed -i  -e 's/PasswordAuthentication.*/PasswordAuthentication no/ig' \
 -e 's/ChallengeResponseAuthentication.*/ChallengeResponseAuthentication
no/ig' \
        -e 's/UsePAM.*/UsePam no/ig' \
        -e '1i PrintMotd no' \
            $SSHDCONFIGFILE
fi
---pins---

Sorry about the alignment, it's the mail client...

So the sed command itself is untouched, except that I used a variable
for the name of the config file. The sed on all boxes tells me "GNU sed
version 4.0.9", so I don't see a reason for this behaviour. I worked
around the error, but I do not understand why...

BTW, I still have not worked out a useable backup integration for my
ReaR images :-( I will do, and share my scripts then (will be rsync/rbme
and tar).

Regards,
Werner




More information about the rear-users mailing list