[Rear-users] Problem with recovery on HP ProLiant BL460c Blade

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Thu Nov 27 11:05:33 CET 2008

Hello Werner,

Gratien works on DP integration, but I don't know when it will be ready
(maybe you can help there ...).

ReaR is - at the moment - designed to restore on sufficiently identical
hardware and does not accomodate different disk sizes or layouts and
different drivers. These are things on our wishlist that wait for
somebody to hand in patches or sponsor the development. People have been
using ReaR as a simply cloning solution for installing many identical
systems with a manual adjustment after the cloning...

Please tell us about your success or problems and do try the new "rear
validate" option.

Thanks,
Schlomo