[Rear-users] rear mkrescue hangs on SLES 9 (SP4)

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Mon Jan 28 16:04:51 CET 2008

Hi,

could you please verify it with the rear 1.6 distribution ? You can
easily make your own by patching the lib/rear.spec file to add another
something to Release: and running rear mkrpm to create your own rpm (or
rear mktar for a simple tar).

I don't understand why 50% of the [n] hack works and 100% does not work
... but the problem was the tar and not the sed .

PS: You used the viewall mode of the documentation, hence everything in
one page. The blank space is there because 80% of the topics in the
hierarchy are still hoping for a contributor/sponsor.