[Rear-users] rear mkrescue hangs on SLES 9 (SP4)

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Mon Jan 28 15:33:14 CET 2008

Hi Schlomo,

I do not understand anything anymore...

I put the single quotes back - and the ISO has exactly the same size as
without the quotes, 13565952 Bytes.

I swear I did no updates in between!

The only thing is my change in
/usr/share/rear/build/default/50_patch_sshd_config.sh, where I
eliminated 50% of the the [n] hack ;-) by using

if [ -d $ROOTS_DIR/etc/ssh ]; then
    MY_SSHDIR=etc/ssh
else
    MY_SSHDIR=etc
fi
sed -i -e 's/PasswordAuthentication.*/PasswordAuthentication no/ig' \
        $ROOTFS_DIR/$MY_SSHDIR/sshd_co[n]fig

and so on. The file has the correct time stamp and content, so it works.

Time sync is well documented - in "Various settings". I found it
accidentally ;-) when I came to
http://rear.sourceforge.net/documentation.php?viewall :-) Still too many
lines without content in between there ;-) Maybe I can help you, but at
first I have to understand the program for myself :-)

BTW, in the Concept paper, Chapter "FS layout", the line with /etc/rear
appears twice - before and after /usr/bin/rear (which is false, it
should be /usr/sbin/rear) :-)

Everything in your software is structured clearly, that helps to find
it. Maybe it is sometimes hard to find the name of the file where an
error occurs, since $0 is always '/usr/sbin/rear'. And in the files, the
code is well readable. The only thing that lacks readability are the
white places in the docu 8-)

Regards,
Werner

Schlomo Schapiro   [28.01.2008 14:32]:

--
Werner Flamme, Abt. WKDV
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ
http://www.ufz.de - eMail: werner.flamme at ufz.de