[rear-devel] [rear/rear] 7564c5: explain the FULLBACKUPDAY variable in the default....

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Jun 3 14:08:43 CEST 2015

Hello,

On Jun 3 14:03 Johannes Meixner wrote (excerpt):
> To be fail-safe against arbitrary locale settings
> I suggest to use a non-locale dependant day format

As soon as my mail was sent I had the great idea to check
if perhaps rear actually enforces POSIX locale.

It does it because /usr/sbin/rear contains:
# make sure that we use only english
export LC_CTYPE=C LC_ALL=C LANG=C

Therefore there is no need to use a non-locale dependant
day format.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)