[ReaR-announce] ReaR 1.7.21 Released
Announcements regarding Relax & Recover
rear-announce at lists.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 10 21:04:39 CEST 2009
ReaR 1.7.21 has been released, RPM and DEB packages are now available at
http://widehat.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/sschapiro/ for all major platforms.
This release is a maintenance release to add support for openSUSE 11.2 Milestone
7 with the following changes
- added ext4 support
- added rsyslogd support
- added blkid support if no vol_id found. udev dropped vol_id in version 142 and
openSUSE Factory upgraded to a *very* recent udev.
Unfortunately I was able to do only quick tests and did not test any other
platform except openSUSE 11.2 Milestone 7 at all.
Please do test ReaR 1.7.21 in as many environments as possible and submit bugs
via the sourceforge.net bug tracker, I will take care of them.
The following changes are planned for upcoming versions of ReaR:
- create bootable rescue & backup media on USB/SATA storage media (it is all
done in my head, did not yet have time to put it together)
- full udev support for more flexibility
- add Scientific Linux support (another Red Hat Enterprise Linux clone) by
setting the appropriate symlinks
- code maintenance:
- remove changes from rear main script (all changes will be documented in CHANGES)
- add AUTHORS file
- add $Id$ SVN automagic variable to *all* files
Please tell us yours thoughts about these things or anything else you want to
see in ReaR.
More information about the rear-announce