[ReaR-announce] ReaR 1.7.14 released

Announcements regarding Relax & Recover rear-announce at lists.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 29 17:13:35 CET 2009

Dear ReaR Users,

we released today a new development release:

This is a major feature release with the following new or improved features:

* recreate HP Smart Array RAID configurations (hpacucli)
* finally fixed bonding support to work properly with multiple bonding
devices
* TSM supports point-in-time restore
* /var/log/messages in rescue media
* moved distribution config files from /etc/rear to
/usr/share/rear/conf. Please DO NOT EDIT THEM !
* rear.8 man page with lots of useful information
* fixed all reported bugs (till 2009-01-27)
* removed cfg2html from rear, will be used if found
* warn if mount by-id was used (we cannot change LUN IDs)

Please test this release and send us your feedback with "rear validate".

ReaR 1.7.14 is available from
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=171835&package_id=287824&release_id=657103

Kind Regards,
Schlomo Schapiro